Saturday, April 4, 2009

Visiting the colony.......

Robin and I are in Cedar Rapids for the weekend since I will be working in the "great" state of Iowa again next week. We were looking for something fun to do outside today since it was mostly sunny and in the upper 40's/lower 50's. We decided to venture over to the Amana Colonies. I had never been there, but Robin had visited the colonies a few years ago. To say the least the Amana Colonies are a very interesting place to visit. They have some very nifty stores. We were really impressed with some of the handcrafted wood items in one of the stores. Needless to say, the bakery, cheese, chocolate, and fudge stores were big hits with us. They also had quite a few winery stores, knick-knack stores, and a furniture store (they make a lot of the furniture at the store). Below are a few snap-shots were able to get.

A monument designating the Amana Colonies as a historic landmark.

Robin eating some great tasting cheese curds by the monument....

I decided to eat a few cheese curds by the monument as well. It was the first time I had ever eaten cheese curds. They were very yummy!!

We found some very trendy hats. We both thought this one looked very good on Robin. It gives her a bit of a detective look. Very distinguished!

Here is the hat Robin picked out for me to try on. She thought it looked very good on me. I think it is somewhat "Pimpy", but if she is ok with it.........
We had a great time today visiting the colonies and recommend it if you happen to be in the area sometime. Make sure to try the cheese curds, fudge, and chocolate if you do go there!!!!






1 comment:

  1. Oooh- I love the hats! :)
    Mmm.. Chocolate sounds really yummy-- do you have any extra?? I might just have to go track some down in our house..
    Don't forget to kiss your wife goodnight tonight Mr. Neal! ;-)

    ReplyDelete